Eating clean doesn’t mean you have to bid adieu to your favorite comfort foods. Introducing our Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper, a delectable recipe that aligns perfectly with an organic, clean eating lifestyle.Jump to Recipe
Dive into a bowl of savory ground beef, delicious mushrooms, and perfectly al dente gluten-free pasta, all simmered in a rich, creamy dairy-free sauce. Our Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper offers this fusion, delivering a taste reminiscent of childhood, without compromising on health.
Why Choose a Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper?
Gluten can be a tricky component for many, causing digestive upsets or even severe allergies. By opting for a gluten-free version of this classic dish, you can still indulge in a comforting meal.
Eating clean doesn’t have to be miserable or gross. You can eat your favorite comfort foods, but with some cleaned up ingredients! Stick to your health goals without compromising your diet so you stay on track.
Homemade Hamburger Helper Ingredients
Making your own comfort food while still sticking to a healthy diet means swapping chemical-filled, inflammatory ingredients with healthy counterparts. Let’s dive into the ingredients!
- Organic Beef Broth: Rich in minerals and a hearty flavor base without additives.
- Arrowroot Starch: A gluten-free thickener that’s easier on the digestive system compared to regular flour or cornstarch.
- Organic 100% Grass-Fed Ground Beef: Lean protein source, free from hormones and antibiotics. Heart-healthy protein!
- Jovial Pasta: A renowned gluten-free brand ensuring the absence of gluten cross-contamination while still tasting just like real pasta.
- Organic Coconut Milk: Lends creaminess without dairy! You don’t have to give up creamy sauces when you go dairy-free.
How to make the Perfect Gluten-Free Hamburger Helper
- Setting the Sauce Base: In a large bowl, whisk together beef broth, white wine vinegar, and arrowroot starch. Put aside for later.
- Cooking the Beef: In a spacious pot, brown the beef seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Once done, transfer beef out, retaining some fat for the next steps.
- Vegetable Prep: Lightly sauté onion and garlic until translucent, followed by the mushrooms until tender.
- Bringing it All Together: Add the beef back, combine with the broth mixture and pasta. Cook until the pasta reaches the desired texture (follow the time instructions on the box!).
- Finishing Touches: Introduce coconut cream for richness, garnish with parsley, and serve.
What Makes This Recipe Stand Out?
By sourcing organic ingredients and prioritizing clean, gluten-free components, this dish not only satisfies cravings but also promotes better health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use another type of pasta?: Absolutely! Ensure it’s gluten-free. Cooking times may vary based on the chosen pasta.
Is there a vegan alternative?: Replace beef with lentils. Opt for vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
How long can I store leftovers?: Refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Gluten Free Hamburger Helper
- 3 cups organic beef broth
- 1 Tbsp white or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 lb 100% grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups organic mushrooms baby bella, cremini, etc sliced
- 1.5 box Jovial gluten free fusilli pasta
- 1 can coconut milk
- In a bowl, mix together broth, vinegar and arrowroot. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot, brown the ground beef. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add onion and garlic and saute until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring often.
- Over medium heat, add broth mixture and pasta. Bring to a simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is al dente. *You may also want to cook the pasta separately if you anticipate having leftovers*
- Stir in coconut milk and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately.