This one pan Thai chicken curry is loaded with layered flavors and packs a flavorful punch! No need for takeout here. Thai chicken curry is EASY and ready in 30 minutes. This chicken curry will hit the spot and leave you feeling satisfied.
How To Make Curry Chicken
Craving healthy comfort food? This Thair chicken curry will hit the spot and impress your friends and family thanks to the building of flavors.
Making this Thai chicken curry is even faster than ordering takeout from your local Thai place AND it’s much healthier as well. You’ll have control over the quality of ingredients going into this dish so you know it is good for you and not adding any yucky ingredients like MSG into your body.
Is Chicken Curry Healthy?
This chicken curry is gluten free, dairy free, high in protein and freezer/meal prep friendly! These qualities make chicken curry an excellent, healthy meal choice.
This recipe is very flexible. You can switch up the vegetables and use what you have on hand. Some other vegetables that would work well in this recipe to swap out would be:
- sweet potatoes
Curry is a great mash up of veggies and protein in a flavorful sauce that really hits the spot.
What To Serve With Chicken Curry
This Thai chicken curry is a one pan meal with the protein, veggies and rice all included in the recipe so you don’t need any sides to serve with chicken curry! That’s the best part. A one pan meal. Minimal dishes, maximum satisfaction!
One Pan Thai Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
- freshly ground sea salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 5 green onions chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 8 oz. green beans, ends trimmed & cut into pieces
- 2 carrots sliced
- 14 oz. can lite coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- Heat the coconut oil in a large deep skillet over a medium-high heat and cook half of the garlic for 1 minute. Add in the chicken and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining garlic, ginger, chopped green onions, red bell pepper, green beans and carrots. Sauté over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, curry powder, turmeric, lime juice and salt to the skillet, stir well to combine. Bring to a simmer, then add in the rice.
- Place the chicken on top, then reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook for 20 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and green onions.